21 November 2007

Sanmon(山門), Nanzen-ji(南禅寺)


It is back side of Sanmon, Nanzen-ji, Kyoto. This temple has calm atmosphere mostly. Especially summer season, I really like the window of nanzen-ji. If you sit down at Sanmon, the window gives some things for you. It is my happiness to visit here during summer season.

By the way, do you know Sofia Carmina Coppola who is a movie director and daughter of Francis Ford Coppola. She took a movie 5 years ago here. It is LOST IN TRANSLATION that got Academy award. I knew she took that movie in her favorite Japanese place, but I didn't know Nanzenji was her cup of tea. Even she took Nanzen-ji just several minutes, I really figured out her mind. Most of the story was unfolded in Tokyo, but main actress wanna travel by her selves to the other place because she got tired about Tokyo. I think that kind of mind is the same as Japanese, especially women. Yep, Kyoto is good place for solo travel woman.

Anyway you can find a nice change from the other Kyoto.

"LOST IN TRANSLATION" official site
http://www.lost-in-translation.com/

No comments: